‘Tis the season for festive joy and cheerful moments! However, amidst the merriment, the holiday hustle and bustle can bring its own set of symptoms—stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue. Fear not! Cannabis, with its diverse compounds, may be a valuable aid in easing the seasonal strain.
Cannabinoids: Holiday Hustle Helpers
THC: Tranquil Tidings
In settling the seasonal shuffle, consider THC for support. After a day of shopping or decking the halls, THC has the ability to melt away the worries of the day like a snowman in a tub of hot cocoa. Keep in mind—excessive consumption may lead to anxiety. Start slowly for a relaxing lift that enhances holiday moments, especially for cannabis newcomers.
CBD: Cheerful, Chill Companion
During jolly celebrations, CBD may offer a soothing solution to the stress, anxiety, fatigue, and depression that may often accompany the season. Research indicates its ability to provide relief from both mental and physical challenges, offering a timely remedy for the demands of the joyous season.
CBN: Rejoicing in Restful Relief
Created from altered THC, CBN offers a milder choice for those sensitive to THC handling the tensions of holiday prepping. It may invite a peaceful night’s rest without overpowering effects, catering to those desiring a gentler experience during the spirited hustle and bustle of the season.
Terpenes: Jolly Joint Enhancers
As you navigate the joyful whirlwind, infusing terpenes into your cannabinoid regimen becomes a natural way to enhance your experience. These aromatic compounds, found in various plants including cannabis, team up with cannabinoids, resulting in a more potent impact.
The clinically proven Linalool brings a soothing touch to stress, while the uplifting Limonene adds a burst of positivity. Myrcene and Beta-caryophyllene join this aromatic ensemble, amplifying the holistic benefits when combined with cannabinoids, creating a harmonious and balanced experience.
Embrace the holiday with various remedies, including cannabis compounds. CBD extends a comforting touch, potentially easing anxiety. THC brings tranquility and mood elevation, while terpenes enhance the experience. Select the blend that suits you best, ensuring a stress-free celebration amid the festive whirlwind.
Delectable Edibles for a Delightful December
Having explored how cannabis compounds offer relief for holiday stress, embark on the delight of cannabis-infused holiday treats, where captivating flavors intertwine with therapeutic benefits. Elevate your celebrations with a carefully chosen assortment. It is essential to note that if you’re hosting a holiday gathering, spread joy responsibly—ensure your guests know which treats are infused, or provide proper labels for a mistake-free celebration.
Peppermint Bark Brownies feat. Sprinkle 1:1 THC: CBD
Servings: 16 brownies/ 10 mg. per serving (1 packet = 10 mg.)
½ cup melted butter, in place of vegetable oil
160 mg. Sprinkle 1:1 THC:CBD
1 box Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie mix*
¼ cup heavy cream
1 egg **
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Dash of cinnamon (optional)
1 ½ cups white chocolate
¼ cup dark chocolate
1 ¾ teaspoons coconut oil, divided
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
½ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 325℉. Cut a parchment paper sling just smaller than the width of a 9×9 cake pan and set it aside.
- Lightly grease the cake pan with vegetable oil spray, then position the parchment sling in the bottom and smooth it onto the pan for sticking.
- In a large bowl, gradually mix melted butter with Sprinkle, stirring continuously. Next add Add cream, egg** peppermint extract, and cinnamon, if using.
- Gradually mix the brownie mix in ¼-cup portions, then spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center sets and the edges pull away from the sides
- After baking, Refrigerate brownies until completely cool before adding peppermint bark.
*If you pick a different brownie mix, substitute water and oil with an equal amount of heavy cream and melted butter, as indicated in the listed ingredients.
**For cake-like brownies, add 1 additional egg.
- Combine chopped white chocolate and 1 ½ teaspoons of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 20-second intervals, stirring until fully melted and smooth. Stir in ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract, if desired.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, combine chopped dark chocolate with ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil. Melt in 20-second intervals, stirring between each until smooth.
- With the peppermint brownies still in the pan, pour melted white chocolate over the top and spread it evenly for a smooth layer.
- Slowly drizzle melted dark chocolate over the white chocolate layer.Using a butter knife or skewer, gently create swirls on the top of the chocolate.
- Sprinkle an abundant layer of crushed peppermint pieces on top. Next, refrigerate the brownies for at least 20 minutes to let the peppermint bark layer firm up.
- When the chocolate has fully hardened, use the parchment paper edges to slide the brownies out of the pan. Cut them while chilled for precise slices.
Servings: 2/ 8.3 mg. per serving*
½ cup Cranberry juice
½ cup orange juice
2 oz Orange Kush Keef Cola
½ cup Splashes of ginger beer
¼ cup fresh cranberries
1 sprig rosemary
1 orange slice
Fresh cranberries/orange slices/rosemary to garnish
- Fill the cocktail glasses with ice
- In a cocktail shaker, add in cranberry juice, orange juice, sprig of rosemary, and an orange slice.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into glasses with ice. Top with Keef Cola and ginger beer.
- Add cranberries, an orange slice, or a sprig of rosemary for garnish.
*dosing comes from 12 oz/100 mg. can of Keef Cola Orange Kush
‘Herbed’ Stuffing feat. Cannabutter
Dosages: 10.7 mg. /serving *
For greasing baking dish:
6 cups of fresh French bread cubes
6 cups of stale or toasted French bread cubes**
½ cup + 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 cups diced yellow onion
2 cups diced celery
2 tablespoons minced garlic
½- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
½-1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
3 Tbsp cannabutter
2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 large eggs
a mixture of fresh herbs for sprinkling
*butter made with 7g of flower at 17% THC
**If toasting bread cubes:
In a bowl, mix bread cubes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss thoroughly. Spread on a tray. Bake at 250°F for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with melted butter, olive oil, or nonstick spray. Transfer the bread cubes to a large mixing bowl or directly into the baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, combine the onion, celery, and garlic with salt and pepper. Cook until the onions and celery have softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the sage, parsley, and rosemary, cooking for another minute.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let it cool until sizzling stops. Add cannabutter, letting it melt and mix thoroughly. Optionally, return to simmering heat, stir until combined, and finally, add 1 cup of broth.
- Using a rubber or silicone spatula, pour the onion and celery mix over the bread cubes, toss thoroughly to ensure an even coating. Make sure to scrape the skillet thoroughly to get an even dosage.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1 ½ cups of stock and 2 eggs.
- Mix the egg and stock mixture into the bread cubes, stirring and folding until well combined. Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F. If it’s browning too quickly, cover it with foil.
- After cooling, cut the stuffing into 12 even pieces for consistent portions.